Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Looking Forward

Things have been flowing along fairly smoothly lately, and I haven't been bloggin much due to a rearranging of our nightly schedule.  Now that both of the boys are computer literate, the time I actually get to use the computer is very limited.  It's good though, just like Israel, Zach is using phonics to spell out the sites he wants to visit, and he gets pretty close sometimes.  It always impresses me.
Israel's teacher told me how remarkable of a writer is, which was a relief to hear, as he had a lot of trouble with writing last year (1st grade).  When working on descriptive writing he would write things like, " I like dogs alot and alot and alot and alot.  I am a dog man."  That's an actual assignment he brought home.  While it made me laugh, I worried that he was not catching on to the whole concept of describing things.  So, to hear his current teacher say that he is a great writer, I am just happy as a clam!
Zach has been going through a phase where he doesn't want to take the bus home from school.  At the beginning of the year, I always picked him up, but now I let the bus bring him home, since the winter brought many slippery roads.  He will get over it.  I have told him that next year he will be going to the same school as Israel, and while he says he wants to stay at his current school, I know he will love Israel's school, and enjoy seeing Israel during the day, and riding the bus to and from school with him.  They are really pretty close, even though they fight.  I guess that's true of most siblings.
Even though the boys like the snow, I am looking forward to the warmer weather, to not having to pile on all the snow clothes, and walk so cautiously on the ice.  The boys have been talking a lot about swimming lately, and want to do it "a lot" this summer.  I guess it might be time to get them some swimming lessons.  If we have to be in this state another year, at least there are plenty of fun things to do in the summer time.  I'm looking forward to long, warm days with my smiling boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment